Should I go hydroponics?
Consider the advantages and disadvantages both of hydroponics as a total working system and of the advantages over soil – that is, is hydroponics better than soil?
The disadvantages of hydroponics boil down to:
- Expense – hydroponics can cost a pretty penny, especially in the beginning
- Energy and resource usage – the hydroponic gardener relies on equipment and electricity rather than letting nature do most of the work.
- Knowledge level – you do need to do your research and know what you’re doing to build a successful hydroponics garden.
- Diligence – plants react extremely quickly to nutritional fluctuations. You’ll need to stay on top of monitoring your garden.
The advantages of hydroponics gardening are:
- Growing plants in water saves your back. You do not need to prepare any soil or remove any weeds. Physically, hydroponic gardening is much easier on your joints than soil-based gardening.
- Hydroponic gardening uses fewer pesticides and is less toxic.
- Hydroponic gardening requires less space.
- Gardens grown in water can be portable, moving indoors or outdoors, as the weather permits.
- With a hydroponic garden, you can enjoy year-round production.
- Plants in a hydroponic garden have no competition for nutrients. Like a domestic cat that’s fed all the food it wants, the roots of hydroponically grown plants feast on a wealth of nutrients balanced just for them.
- Hydroponically grown plants grow faster than soil-grown plants.
- Hydroponically grown plants have a greater yield than soil-grown plants.
- You enjoy a greater selection of plants to grow in your hydroponic garden than you would if you were growing plants in soil. With a hydroponic garden, you can grow almost anything – from basil to horseradish, from roses to orchids, from potatoes to coconuts.
- Hydroponic gardening is earth-friendly, using less water than soil-based gardening.
Either soil or hydroponics, if your choice is to grow indoors , then one of your options should be a grow unit. The choice is yours!
if You have any query visit contact us page